WINDHAVEN PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
Even in the darkest hour, we share hope for recovery. Windhaven Psychiatric Hospital is a safe, therapeutic environment for clients who are experiencing a psychiatric crisis. We provide clients coping with a wide array of difficulties, including bipolar and other mood disorders, schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe anxiety, with psychiatric and pharmacological treatment, offer resources and referrals to help with managing illness, and return individuals back to their homes as quickly as possible. Clients (age 18 and older) receive 24-hour care in this facility.
- Psychiatry: Every person receives a psychiatric evaluation and physical within 48 hours of admission. The Psychiatric Providers work together to stabilize your symptoms. The goal of psychiatry is to stabilize patient health so that their challenges can be managed at the outpatient level for ongoing support.
- Nursing: Our caring nursing staff are involved in total patient care from the start of the admission. Nurses assist with medication administration and education, while our Health Service Techs assist with activities of daily living.
- Case Management: Every patient is assigned a Social Service Worker upon admission. This staff member is responsible for discharge planning including coordinating with outpatient providers, family members, and referrals to next level of care or assisting with a solid discharge home.
- Medication: A wide variety of medication is used to assist with stabilizing patients, including oral medications and injections.
- Activities & Programming: Many groups and fun activities are offered and are facilitated by peers, social work, nursing, and techs to assist patients with understanding their triggers, learning new coping skills, increasing medication compliance, and decreasing impacts of negative symptoms. The schedule is posted so you know what to expect.